Checklist for Apply for Unemployment Certificate
- Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should fulfill the eligibility criteria
- Required documents
- Verification of documents
Overview of benefits of availing Unemployment Certificate:
The Unemployment Certificate is required for self-employment, availing bank loans, etc. by the unemployed youth.
Process flow for the Service:
- Ascertaining the eligibility of the candidate by Employment Exchange Officials.
- Candidate has to apply in plain paper for an Unemployment Certificate in the concerned Employment Exchange where he/she has registered his/her name along with the Employment Exchange Registration Card.
- Produce the relevant documents in original,
- Employment Exchange Official Check the Application Form and verifies the documents,
- Unemployment Certificate is issued to the candidate,
- Process is complete.
- To get Unemployment Certificate from Employment Exchanges of Assam, the candidate must have registered his/her name in the concerned Employment Exchange.
- The Registration of the candidate must be valid.
Fees including the payment mode
There is no fee for issue of Unemployment Certificate.
Accompanying Documents required:
- Original Employment Exchange Registration Card (To be shown) and attested copy of the same to be submitted at the time of applying for Unemployment Certificate.
- 2 copies of Self attested recent Passport size photographs.
How to apply:
- Visit Employment Exchange where the candidate has registered his/her name.
- Apply in plain paper.
Forms to be filled:
Guidelines for filling the form:
Important Time line:
The candidate having valid Employment Exchange Registration No. can apply for Unemployment Certificate during all the working hours of the working day.
Online or Offline Service:
At present the service is provided offline.
Whom to contact:
Officials of District Employment Exchanges / Employment Exchange / University Employment Information and Guidance Bureau, etc.